It is important during this stressful time that you take care of yourself. Utilize the free resources below to bring some peace of mind to your lives and help get through this difficult time.
Work on taking care of YOU by:
- Improving your Sleep https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/sleep-hygiene
- Meditate! Hope in Uncertain Times FREE 21-Day Meditation Experience. https://chopracentermeditation.com
- Listen to a message: Spread Hope Not Fear https://saddleback.com/watch/a-message-of-hope
- Self-Compassion Videos. The power of self-compassion: what it is, how it transforms our lives, and how to build it. By Kristin Neff https://product.soundstrue.com/power-of-self-compassion/free-video-series/?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJkcnRlcmlkQGdtYWlsLmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIkpNRGdhcSJ9
- Free online college classes
· Unlocking Us – New podcast by Brené Brown
- Learn Tapping – Tapping is a combination of Ancient Chinese Acupressure and Modern Psychology that works to physically alter your brain, energy system and body all at once. The practice consists of tapping with your fingertips on specific meridian points while talking through traumatic memories and a wide range of emotions.
The Tapping Solution https://www.thetappingsolution.com/blog/opening-up-the-breath-and-healing-the-lungs-tap-along/
Tapping Points for Kids https://www.thetappingsolution.com/blog/eft-tapping-point-diagrams-for-kids/
- Watch retired NASA astronaut sharing isolation tips from spending a year in space https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/story/retired-nasa-astronaut-scott-kelly-shares-isolation-tips-69742835
- Watch a Positive Podcast. 9 Podcasts for Positivity
- Become a Virtual Volunteer
Help for Families & Kids:
- Scholastic Offers Free Learn at Home Resources Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going at home with day-by-day projects.
- Saddleback Kids http://www.saddlebackkids.com
- Junior High Kids http://www.saddlebackjhm.com
- High School Saddleback https://highschoolministry.com
- Free Educational Resources for Kids (and Parents) Stuck at Home https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2020/03/18/free-educational-classes-and-programs-kids-home/5064311002/
- NASA https://www.nasa.gov
- PBS Kids https://pbskids.org
- Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org
- Two-Minute Tips for Parents Start Watching When you need a quick tip or simple reminder in your journey as Mom or Dad, take two minutes out of your day to be encouraged, challenged, and restored in your parenting journey. Hope these nuggets of wisdom will help you win today!